Tuesday, June 30, 2009

FINALLY!


Wow...the day is finally here...no, not the baby, sillies---the big reveal of the baby's room!

I am very happy with the way it turned out. I love the big, bright shapes on the wall and in the fabric. It feels very fun and stimulating during the day but at night all the small-scale lighting makes it really cozy too. Storage seems decent, although I'm sure I'll have stuff bursting at the seams before I know it. My favorite item has got to be my mom's rocking chair. All the other personal items from my childhood also make it feel like home.

Here's a quick rundown of sources:

Rocking Chair Hand-me-down
Rug FLOR
Crib & Dresser USA Baby-Muniré Urban Collection
Crib Set Glenna Jean Breeze
Storage Unit IKEA Expedit
Storage Boxes (Grey/Pink) Lowe's
Yellow Lamp Daylab.com
Brown Lamp IKEA
Lampshades IKEA
Grey Wall Lamp IKEA
Changing Table & Cover Babies R' Us-Boppy
Fabric Calico Corners
Hamper Home Decorator's Collection
I Like To Rock Print Etsy
Closet Storage Hanger Babies R' Us-Koala Baby
Diaper 'Fat' Plaque Gift

Click here to see the slideshow.

P.S. I also just posted some pics on ratemyspace, if you'd like to show some love over there!

8 comments:

  1. How beautiful and exciting. Well worth the wait! As will be your little girl. Fourth of July seems like a cool birthday. Maybe you'll pop then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it all. Please come re-do my entire home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sappy this made me cry. It's so sweet and beautiful and you can tell it was made with so much love. I can't wait to meet her. Love you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. This room is amazing, Mary! I can't believe it! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw you room on rate my space and loved it! Did you do the walls yourself? If so, how?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Brasher...Thanks! I borrowed a friend's opaque projector, placed it up on a ladder in the dark room, put the fabric underneath the lens and traced the giant shapes onto the wall. Then I just painted them in by hand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! That fabric looks so good in your space. Thanks so much for sharing the link. What a lovely room you created- and for such a steal!

    xo,
    Sherry (& John)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I saw your nursery on Rate My Space. It is adorable and I love the colors. Is there any way that you could post what paint colors you used? I stink at trying to match anything! :)

    ReplyDelete